Monday, April 12, 2010

Desperately Seeking a Flea

Back at the end of February Jen and I decided to check out the La Grange Antique market held at the Episcopal Church. Not much to report here, lots of doilies, dolls and pricery items, but a pleasant enough outing. I was the only one to buy one small thing, a tiny creamer.

Feeling pretty empty-handed, we made a circuit of La Grange area antique stores, including Jackson Square Mall, where I came up with quite the haul.  I love their wrapping--so simple but so cute!
One of Jen's favorite booths at Jackson Square had a goldmine of 40s era flashcards.

inlcuding one of our favorites, a collection of 'it' words: it sit little kitten. Soon I will figure out how to work the pig, pie and spoon flash cards onto my kitchen wall.

Also snagged were these pool balls, to provide a nice base for the wee little billiard balls (snooker?) Jen gave me for Christmas.

I induldged my love of turquoise, batter bowls and glassware. The fluted glasses are tiny--not sure if they are cordial or liquer glasses or maybe juice glasses. Also shown, a clock I couldn't resist and the creamer from the La grange antique show. The pitchers are already in heavy rotation for juice and iced tea.


No comments:

Post a Comment